Duck Tours Ltd Terms and Conditions
The tour will follow the route advertised on this website. It will depart from Opposite Theatre Royal Windsor, Thames St, SL4 1PS. Customers are required to be present at the departure point no later than 15 minutes before the departure time indicated on your booking. Seating will be on a first come, first serve basis. Large or bulky items, such as backpacks and buggies are not to be brought onto the vehicle.
Alterations to the Route
The company reserves the right to amend the route of the tour as advertised at its discretion. The main reasons the tour might need to be re-routed is in the event of road conditions or other intervening events which affect the operation of the advertised tour. The company will endeavor to ensure that any alternate route does not detract from customers' experience.
Bookings are available either from the website, Windsor Tourist office or other third party resellers.
Refunds or credits will only be given for the following reasons:
- Inclement weather e.g. Snow/Floods/Gale Force Winds which prevents the tour proceeding within an hour of the booked departure time.
- The tour is only partially completed (for example, by reason of inclement weather, necessary re-routing, unable to enter the water etc). In such circumstances, only 50% of the ticket price will be refunded.
- In the event that the vehicle has too low a capacity to operate
- The water section is deemed to be unsafe due to high water flows or a slipway is blocked 50% of the ticket price will be refunded or you can be booked for another day free of charge.
- Please note that Duck Tours Ltd is a non-smoking company and smoking is not permitted on our vehicles.
- Food and drink is not to be consumed on the vehicle.
- The Staff of Duck Tours Ltd reserve the right to remove anyone they feel may spoil the enjoyment of the tour for others.
- Duck Tours Ltd is a responsible company and takes the issue of pollution and littering very seriously. Please do not dispose of anything over the side of the vehicle.
When you leave the vehicle, please check to make sure that you have taken all your belongings with you. If you do leave any property on the vehicle, whilst the company will make every effort to return it to you, it cannot be held responsible for it. In the event that you do leave your belongings on the vehicle please contact the company and arrange for its collection as soon as possible. We will only keep lost property for maximum of one month.
Safety and the Vehicle/Boat (Duck)
When on board, please listen to the safety instructions. Do not hesitate to ask any questions if you have any. Customers should remain seated at all times during the tour and parents are requested to keep control of their children at all times.
The Duck complies with VOSA and MCA regulations for operating on land and water.
It caries buoyancy aids and life rafts over and above the minimum regulations and additional safety equipment for the water conditions it operates on.
On land it operates as a bus and rarely exceeds 30mph.
To operate this Tour we are required to have the following in place:
- License to operate from Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead
- Licensing from the Maritime and Coastguard Agency
- Licensing from the Department of Transport
- Driver-Road, holding Class D, PSV License
- Boat Master-holding, Boat Masters License
- Tour Guide/Crew are required to have carried out in company training.
We are also required to carry Public Liability Insurance, Insurance for Road travel and Insurance for Navigation on the Water.
We have also performed a risk assessment for the operation, which is continually reviewed
All passengers must be able to board the vehicle unaided, requiring climbing the steps in their own time to the seating area. Infants under the age of one can be carried. This is to ensure all persons onboard can disembark in an emergency situation. We regret due to the nature of the vehicle we cannot take wheel chairs.
It is a requirement that an adult must accompany any child under 16 at the following ration of Adults to Children.
- Children aged between 2 - 7: Max 5 children to one Adult
- Children aged between 8 - 12: Max 9 children to one Adult
- Children aged between 12 - 17: Max 12 children to one Adult
If you have a mixture of children the lower age ratio applies.
Accident or Loss
Finally, please note that the company does not accept any liability for loss or damage or delay or inconvenience howsoever the same are caused, save for death or personal injury unless they are a result of the negligence of employees of the company.